Capturing life's most precious moments



December 7, 2008

Interestingly enough

So, I am feeling particulary blessed right now. I've been feeling a lot better now that i am approaching my twelfth week, so that in itself is a blessing. When I was pregnant with Bub,I had some blood tests done that determined that I have a Dominant genetic disorder called factor 5 Lydin, or Thrombophilia. Shortly after Bubba was born, I found out that I had developed hypothyroidism, meaning my thyroid doesn't function as it should. I've learned this week that a lot of women with either of these conditions have problems with infertility and miscarriage. Having both makes my risk just that much greater, but here I am, complaining of a sickness that some women will never get the chance to experience. at first, I felt guilty and ungrateful, but now I'm simply feeling blessed. I love being a mom, and am grateful for the opportunity I have to do so :D

No comments: