Capturing life's most precious moments



December 18, 2008

The Flu Who Stole Christmas

Bubba has been one sick little boy, so anyone thinking about bringing me those yummy Christmas goodies I know you are all making me, just leave them on my porch so you don't catch his bug. It all started on Wednesday Morning, around 12:30 am, when I woke up to Bubba sobbing about "Yucky poop". I went into his room, half expecting something out of his diaper, but found something just as gross and equally smelly from the other end. He then continued to vomit every 5-15 mminutes THE WHOLE NIGHT! He wasn't able to stop until 12:27 the following afternoon. Twelve hours of family fun. Then he was fine the whole day, just extra cute and snuggly. Then around 2:30ish the following morning, he started again. This time, he asked to watch the Grinch, since I had put it on as something to occupy him between hurles the night before. It wasn't as bad as before, as it only happened once, and he didn;t get it on his favorite blanket so I didn't have to worry about the laundary until the next morning. Then he was fine again all day Thursday, and slept great all night. Then this morning, the bug took out all stops and plegded an attack on our little house. First on the rug, which conveniently followed Bubba's consumption of purple Gatorade. Then it started coming out the other end, and Bub was just a mess. He would follow me around, saying my name, and just moaning. He didn't eat hardly anything all day, except some salad and peanut butter bread, but thanks to the flu-who-stole-Christmas, the puking started again tonight at 11:30. And here I sit... Watching the Grinch (of course)... Waiting for the favorite blankie to finish in the dryer... Oh the joys of the season (and motherhood).

4 comments:

Mrs B said...

Blech. I'm so sorry. & hate to break it to you, but when Porter had it, it lasted a good 4 days of badness & has now been another good week of sorta bad. Sorry. Let me know if I can do anything. At least we're getting it out of the way before Christmas, right?! :)

DaBudges said...

yeah that's what I was thinking. HIs chances of being sick for Christmas are slim, so that's good. I hope it's only bad for 4 days, cause that would mean today would be the last day, and we might be ablt to get somesleep tonight...:D

The Johnson Fam said...

Oh that is no fun! Sadie has had the worst cold for over a week and has been a zombie. I hope both her and Jax are better before Santa comes to see them! We hope all is well with you guys, Merry Christmas!

Jewels said...

Poor Jack Jack!!! Hope everything is good!! Love and miss you all!!!